Hunan Provincial Museum
This impressive museum is the largest historic and artistic museum in the Hunan Province and boasts a large collection of cultural relic excavated from various dynasties, including pottery, porcelain works, calligraphy works, paintings, and more. Founded in the early 1950s, the Hunan Provincial Museum is located in the Kaifu District of Changsha City adjoining Martyr’s Park.
Liuyang Gufeng Cave
Known as the first karst cave in the east of Hunan Province, Gufeng Cave is located in Gaoping Village in Liuyang City. At the entrance of the cave, there is a tablet that can be traced back to the year 1799 with an engraving by a monk who presided over the Gufeng Temple.
As the world’s largest inland river isle, Orange Isle consists of three nearly-connected isles: upper isle, middle isle and lower isle. Seen from the peak of Mount Yuele is like a black silk ribbon in the middle of the river and like a dark yellowish green barrier when seen from the river bank. It features a park constructed in 1960 for entertainment and continues to undergo transformation in becoming a greater attraction for visitors integrating gardening, travel, entertainment, sports, culture and commerce.
Xiangjiang River Scenic Belt in Changsha
Against a backdrop of trees, shrubs and the Xiang River, the Xiangjiang River Scenic Belt features recreational corridors and sculptures, tens of exercise squares, greenbelts and historic landscapes integrated with functions like tourism, relaxation and fitness.
Named after a famous line from the book “Story of Nanyue” about an ancient kingdom of the same name written by Liu Song of the Southern and Northern Dynasties. Yuelu refers to the foot of Nanyue. The mountain has many peaks with dense trees and secluded mountain streams. In addition to its natural scenery, Mount Yuelu is dotted with lots of famous places and ancient relics from previous dynasty.
The Aiwan Pavilion is one of the most well-known ancient style pavilions in China built in the Qing Dynasty. Square in shape with gilt columns and painted red on the inside. It has four external beams made with complete stripes of granite, it is constructed with double eaves on top with four slopes and a spiking treasure bottle fitted atop. Its four corners stretch upward, covered with greenish glazed tiles. The original name of Aiwan Pavilion was Hongye Pavilion and the present name is derived from the poem strolling in the Mountain written by Du Mu, a poet of the Tang Dynasty.
Built more than 1700 years ago by a master monk, the Lushan Temple is also known as the Luyuan or Huiguang Temple. It originally had a main and rear hall, but only the rear hall remains. The arch gate of the temple is built in local architectural style and upon it is a sign bearing the legend “Ancient Lushan Temple”. It is roofed with yellowish tiles and supported by red columns.
The Lushan Temple Stele, a black stone with a round top, is a well-known stele of ancient China with inscriptions of 1419 Chinese characters which recorded the origins and development of Buddhist doctrine preaching activities through the period between the establishment of the temple in the Jin Dynasty and the setup of the stele in the Tang Dynasty.