Enter your email below to request more information.
Highlights include Beijing, Xian, Chengdu, Lhasa, Yangtze River Cruise & Shanghai
If you want to see the China that lies off the beaten path, to meet the people who live in rural villages that seem lifted off a dreamy canvas and to touch a side of culture that’s beyond the reach of the typical traveler, then join a Discovery Tours by Gate 1 small group. We’ll visit the cultural behemoths of Beijing and Shanghai and we’ll show you the lesser traveled gems that evoke the real China. Along the way, we’ll learn the art of Mahjong, the culinary touch behind Szechuan Hot Pot, the ways of Buddhist monks and more!
• Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss, and get to know the locals.
• Exploration of Tiananmen Square, the largest public plaza in the world, and the Forbidden City, a designated World Heritage Site
• Lunch and meeting with a local family in Beijing’s Hutong community
• Travel to the extraordinary 2000-year-old Great Wall of China, one of the most spectacular structures ever built by man
• Join the residents of Xian in Xingqing Park in their morning Tai Chi exercise
• Visit the unforgettable archaeological site of the magnificent Terra Cotta Warriors entombed with China’s first Emperor Qin Shi Huang
• Meet the famous Giant Panda Bears at the Chengdu Panda Research Center
• Travel to the storied capital of Lhasa in Tibet to visit the world-famous Potala Palace, one of the grandest monuments in all of Asia
• Embark on a 3-night Yangtze River Cruise that journeys through some of the greatest scenery in the world
455 Maryland Drive